I’ve made this recipe from Simply Recipes a few times and I love it! I make a big batch of it on Sundays so I have it available for lunch during the week. Easy, healthy and tasty!
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 pound bulk sweet Italian sausage, or other sausage (use gluten-free sausage if cooking gluten-free)
- 1 onion, sliced thin (about 1 1/2 cup’s worth of sliced onions)
- 2 large garlic cloves, sliced thin (I add 2 more large cloves because I love garlic!)
- 1 pound kale (1 large bunch), center thick rib removed, leaves roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup chicken or vegetable stock
- 1 15-ounce can of white beans, rinsed and drained
- Salt and pepper
1. Heat the olive oil in a large pan over medium-high heat and add the bulk sausage, or remove the casings on link sausages. Cook for 3-4 minutes, then add onion slices and turn the heat to high. Cook until the edges of the onions brown, about 3-4 minutes. Add the garlic and cook for another minute.
2. Next, add the kale, sprinkle with salt over everything, then add the stock. Cover the pan, lower the heat to medium and cook for 2 minutes.
3. Uncover when kale is cooked down, mix everything well and add beans. Cover again and lower the heat to low. Cook another 5 minutes, then turn off the heat. Let stand 5 minutes, then serve.
Try it out, enjoy, and visit Simply Recipes for more yummy recipes!